19 Feb #FacesOfTheForest Photo Contest 2019
Take part in the Second edition of the #FacesOfTheForest Contest as part of the events organized and communicated by the network of Forest Communicators in the Mediterranean Region and Near East (FCNMedNE) for the 6th Mediterranean Forest Week taking place in Brummana, Lebanon from 1-5 April 2019.
The theme selected is “Forests and Climate Change”. Climate change being one of the biggest challenges facing our planet while the role of our forests in mitigation needs to be more clearly understood.
The FCNMedNE is launching the Second edition of the #FacesOfTheForest Contest as to highlight in a very simple and expressive way the vital role of the forests in the development of our people, the people of the forest despite Climate Change.
Forests are central to our efforts to combat climate change, whether at the level of global policy or as local initiatives. We must all rally behind this call for action and make change due to the impact it has on the proliferation of life on the planet.
- Photos are to be taken for People in the forests of the countries in Mediterranean and the Near East Regions.
- Photos have to reflect the role played by forest people, and forests in general regarding, mitigation of climate change, water conservation and soil conservation.
Closing Date: Photos sent after 15 March, 2019 at 23:59 UTC will not be accepted.
The technical requirements for the contest are:
- Only photos taken with digital cameras and which meet the legal requirements of the #FacesOfTheForest Photography Contest will be accepted.
- The participants must their photos by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos must be shared using the hashtag #FacesOfTheForest on the following social media accounts:
- Facebook: group of the FCNMedNE
- Twitter: Mention (@FCNMedNE) handle and using the hashtag #FacesOfTheForest
- Intagram: Mention (@forest.communicators) handle and using the hashtag #FacesOfTheForest
You may share a maximum of three photos.
Prize: digital photo camera.
Original: All participants must send the image sent off to the contest in top condition with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI to email@example.com . It is highly recommended to keep a copy in RAW format.
Resolution: The images will measure at least 1024 pixels on their longest side. It is recommended to take photos in horizontal format, or squared for instagram.
Important: If minors appear in the photos the photo author must seek their parents’ permission. Photos may not show content which is obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit or any other form of inappropriate content. Watermarks are not acceptable.
Rights: Contestants state and guarantee to #FacesOfTheForest that they are the sole holders of any copyright pertaining to the photo submitted to the contest. They also assume full liability for ensuring the works submitted are not subject to any third-party rights or claims involving image rights. Under no circumstances will photos be accepted and/or published which could breach third party rights. Nor will photos be accepted which have won prizes in other contests.
• Any questions? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org